The Acheron River Early Summer contains a selection of quality hand tied, durable and uniform flies in a complimentary box.
Includes fifteen patterns in quantities of 2
- TBB Copper John Black2 #14
- TBB Copper John Green #14
- TBB Pheasant Tail Flash Back #14
- Royal Wulff #12
- Orange Stimulator #12
- Bushys Emerger Rust #12
- Bushys Emerger Grey #12
- Yellow Sally #16
- CDC Caddis Emerger Olive #18
- CDC Termite Black Flying Ant #18
- TI Tree Beetle #16
- Rubicon Hopper #14
- Red Tag #14
- Kossie Dun #14
- Goulburn Griffiths #18
It is now one of the best times to be a fly fisher. Nature is now driving the agenda. Aquatic insects are in ever increasing numbers on the bottom of the river. The extra daylight hours growing their food supply. With added daylight algae grows on boulders and stones. Breakfast, lunch and dinner for nymphs.
Many nymphs are reaching maturity and start to hatch each day. Caddis pupa add to this event. Land based insects are getting out and about. Beetles, ants and hoppers are becoming available food for trout.
- Best Practice Tip: Check the nymphs size. Wade into the Acheron and pick up a rock. You will be surprised