The Delitite River Autumn selection has been carefully selected and contains quality hand tied, durable and uniform flies.
Includes ten patterns in quantities of 2
- TBG Pheasant Tail Flashback #18
- TBR Copper John Red Camo #20
- Cockroach Cricket Black #8
- Blue Wing Olive Hi Vis #20
- Para Sparkle Midge Olive #20
- Bubble Back Caddis Brown #20
- Rusty Tailrace Dun #18
- CDC Spent Spinner Rust #18
- Elk Hair Caddis Black #16
- USA Cicada Black #10
The Delitite is a small mountain stream with runs and rapids developing into larger pools and flowing through farmland into Lake Eildon.
Because the Delitite is a short watershed the water in the large number of shallow pools can rise to over 20º by the end of Summer. The water temperature makes the trout lethargic and they will not feed for weeks.
The good news is with the coming of Autumn the water cools down and the fish start feeding. All food is small, caddis, mayfly and midge all hook size #16,#18,#20 and #22, this includes nymphs. The only big item are black crickets.
The fishing day is longer because of the open farmland and less trees along the river. There is always the change of a large early run fish from the lake.
- Best Practice Tip: Long leader is a must in very open water.