The Matarua River Bulk Nymph selection has been carefully selected and contains quality hand tied, durable and uniform flies in a complimentary box.
Includes six patterns of flies in quantities of 6
- TBB Copper John 2Black #16
- TBB Copper John 2Black #18
- TBR Copper John Red Camo #16
- TBR Copper John Red Camo #18
- TBR Copper John Red Camo #20
- Pheasant Tail Weighted #16
Each Southland river is unique. The reason the numbers of patterns and varying quantities is not knowing if you are driven by low number packs . If this is so you are a casual fisher. Six or more you are serious.
All trout on the South Island fight hard and get down and dirty very quickly. Mataura nymph feeders are just the same. No plunge pools to speak of so droppers are not long.
As the river can be crystal clear in the upper reaches fluro carbon is the ideal dropper material.
Big is not always best. However, tungsten is always the way to go.
Why a Weighted Pheasant Tail in this range - back waters.
- Best Practice Tip: If you can see him, he can see you. Mataura fish have radar.