The Rubicon Early Summer pack has been carefully selected and contains quality hand tied, durable and uniform flies in a complimentary box.
Includes fifteen patterns in quantities of 2
- TBG Copper John 2 Black #16
- TBG Pheasant Tail Flashback #1
- TBG Pheasant Tail Flashback #18
- TBG Hare & Copper #16
- BG Copper John Green #14
- Royal Stimulator #16
- Rubicon Hopper #14
- Miss Knobby X Hopper #14
- USA Rubber Leg Cicada Black #10
- Bubble Back Caddis Green #18
- CDC Termite Red #18
- Royal Wulff #10
- Kossie Dun #14
- CDC Caddis Emerger Olive #18
- Yellow Sally #16
At this stage of the season Tungsten Bead Head Nymphs are doing most of the work with droppers a little shorter.
The Rubicon water level has dropped and warmed up a little and on the surface dry flies are catching fish. Terrestial patterns - hoppers, cicadas, termite ants along with hatch patterns - Yellow Sally, Kossie Dun, all draw fish to the surface to feed. This is the start of the best dry fly fishing.
- Best Practice Tip: If its not happening on the surface and down below change the size of the fly you are using.