The Swampy Plains Autumn selection has been carefully selected and contains quality hand tied, durable and uniform flies.
Includes ten patterns in quantities of 2
- TBB Pheasant Tail Flash Back #18
- TBB Copper John Black2 #18
- TBR Copper John Red Camo #18
- Elk Hair Caddis Black #18
- Bubble Back Caddis Brown #18
- Rusty Tailrace Dun #20
- Blue Wing Olive HI Vis #18
- Blue Wing Olive Hi Vis #20
- Sparkle Midge Olive #18
- Sparkle Midge Olive #20
If the Swampy happens to be low in Autumn you could be in for a treat even though the flies are small. Its back to size #18 and #20.
Gentlemen hours are here again with Australia's highest mountains blocking the low Autumn sun. Technical fishing begins. 15ft leaders, 2ft tippet, light breaking strain and small hooks. Investing in a soft tip rod will stop you striking too hard. Bloody tailrace.
Oh! I forgot 45ft casts. Small nymphs to match the small Blue Wing Olives, Sparkle Midge and Smut Caddis will tend to keep the fish rising.
- Best Practice Tip: A drift boat trip with catch and release fishing and a warm single malt.